A group of eleven families from Trinity Reformed Church, possessing a certain faith, hope, and vision, met in August, 1956, to consider the founding of a new Reformed church in the southwest area of Holland. On November 13, 1956, a steering committee of five was elected to formulate the necessary plans toward organization. The first service was held in November of 1956.
Forty-one families gathered for the formal organization at Montello Park School gymnasium on January 23, 1957. The new name became “Christ Memorial Reformed Church” on March 26, 1957. The Rev. Edwin G. Mulder was installed as the first pastor on November 7, 1957. On February 7, 1958, the architects and building committee proceeded with the building of the first educational unit on the property on 24th Street and Graafschap Road. The former sanctuary was built in 1968.
As the congregation continued to increase, in 1975 the new south education wing was completed which consisted of the Fellowship Hall, Fireside Room, the two-story office building and the Frank Meyer courtyard. The new sanctuary seating 1,700 was completed in 1989.
The new east wing construction was completed in October 2006 which consists of a community area, adult classrooms, youth area and chapel.