As faithful followers of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, we embrace and proclaim God’s work of creation, redemption, and the fulfillment of His eternal purposes. We believe that:
1. God, the creator of all and ruler of the universe, is a personal, caring God who loves us and reveals His nature, character, and relationship to us through the world He has created- specifically through the Bible, the revealed Word of God, and supremely through His Son, Jesus of Nazareth.
2. Despite our unique relationship to God as people created in His image, we have sinned, deliberately choosing not to follow God’s will, thereby breaking our relationship with God, one another, and creation.
3. God, by grace alone, provides for a renewed relationship with Himself through the life, death, and resurrection of His Son, Jesus. God calls us to receive this gift by repenting of our sin, receiving God’s forgiveness, and becoming followers of Jesus Christ.
4. God accomplishes His purposes of love and grace as the the Holy Spirit, in powerful though often unseen ways, enlightens our minds and hearts to know the truth, experience life in Christ, and develop Christ-like character. He calls as His church to joyfully participate in God’s continuing desire to lovingly win back all people and the entire creation to Himself.
5. At God’s appointed time, this present era of grace will close and a new heaven and a new earth will be established in which God’s purposes are fully achieved with God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – fully present in celebrative fellowship with those who have received His love and grace by faith in Jesus Christ.
As a member of the Reformed Church in America and within the Church of Jesus Christ across the ages, we believe in the truths announced in the Apostles’ Creed, Nicene Creed, Athanasian Creed, Heidelberg Catechism, Belgic Confession, and Belhar Confession.